Real Estate Glossary
Civil Rights Act of 1866
- A federal law that prohibits all forms of racial discrimination.
Civil Rights Act of 1964
- A federal law that prohibits all forms of discrimination based on race, color, national origin, or gender in any housing program receiving federal money.
- An agent's compensation for performing the duties in the agency. In real estate sales, this is typically the percentage of the selling price of the property.
- This occurs when factors unrelated to the property itself, and outside the homeowner's control, diminishes its value.
- A person or business that acts for another such as providing a service or result but the methods of providing the service or result are not subject to the control of another.
FHA (Fair Housing Administration)
- The Fair Housing Administration was createdin the 1930s to help homeowners when they cannot afford the down payment of a 1-4 unit property.
- A right to title of land where the property is immobile and there is no fixed duration of ownership.
- A type of zoning variance where a parcel of land is except from current zoning ordinances, most commonly because it had already been grandfathered into another use.
- A package loan is secured by not only real estate but also by personal property that is sold with the real estate.
Truth in Lending
- This is also known as Regulation Z and requires lenders to disclose the true costs of obtaining credit.
- Packaging a number of mortgage loans for sale in the secondary mortgage market by a financial institution or mortgage loan originator.
Disclaimer: We do not sell, lease or rent real estate. This is just a website development and digital marketing experiment.